Thursday, May 30, 2013

It All Started with a Gift...

It's tricky to be 50.  In my head I'm still 25 but the mirror reminds me daily that I truly have lived for over a half a century.  Life settles into a routine, my children have become adults so they don't need me like they used to.  In fact, some of them have totally flown the coop and live thousands of miles away.  Pursuing their dreams, making a life for themselves and being 25. 




So here I am typing a blog trying to figure out how I still fit into the universe.  Then one day Mister brought home a "Gift".  It changed everything....well, the corner of my bedroom anyways. 

You see, I was coming in from work and I noticed the bedroom door was shut.  I thought Mister was in the shower so I went to the kitchen.  He came in and asked if I'd seen my "Gift".  Ohhh,  I love me a gift.  Maybe jewelry, or a new handbag, something fancy and designer.  He took my hand and slowly opened the bedroom door.  Here was my gift!




Really?? REALLY??? IS THIS A JOKE??? Was there a certain blue box sitting on the chair??  There were no words.  NONE. AT. ALL.  Was I supposed to sit in it? Dance on it? Hang my Spanx and MuMu's on it?  What kind of person owns a four foot red velvet shoe chair?? Apparently.....I do.

Mister's response?

"It reminded me of you.  It's bright and cheerful and sassy just like you. Besides, I know how much you love red shoes."  Right on there buddy.  I'm obsessed with red shoes.  I have flat ones, high heels, shiny and matte.  I'm currently on the hunt for some great red sparkly flip flops. It's Arizona........ flip flops are the new stiletto in the desert.  If you don't believe me just look around.

So come join me.  Let's pull up a chair, chat like old girlfriends, and be grateful we're no longer 25.   





3 comments:

  1. Carolyn, Sister~ I love it! how did you get such a cool picture? For your first post, you did fantastic!

    Thanks so much for the chat time. You rock! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! You both crack me up. You go girl you're rock it. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so you! I, too, love red shoes ... always have! Love your writing style! Can't wait for more! Jean

    ReplyDelete